Hello. I’m Howard Wulkan, composer for the upcoming documentary film CORNERSTONE. My dilemma is this; I need a choir. A very special choir. One that would like the chance to be featured as part of the theme song to the film mentioned above.
Here’s the thing; A choir will help complete my vision for the theme song; that is, to combine the modern singing and songwriting style of Ben Wuamett, lead singer/songwriter of Portland, OR-based Ezra Bell (alternative folk music) with traditional Ugandan instrumentation AND the beauty of a traditional hymn.
The song is inspired by and will include bits and pieces of the magical Just A Closer Walk With Thee (our favorite version is Harry Dean Stanton in Cool Hand Luke) in addition to the original lyrical and musical content composed by myself & Ben. Sounds crazy, huh? Crazy enough to work, we say.
Entering is simple (if you’re under 18, a Parent or Legal Guardian has to fill the entry form out for you):
1. Read the rules and regulations to make sure you understand the how’s and why’s of the contest and check the little box to tell us you’re cool with everything.
2. Email us link(s) to your performances (please send links ONLY to your video OR audio). We also need your choir’s name and the contact person’s name, email and phone number. The contest is open from now until 8/14. Send to email@example.com.
3. What happens AFTER all of the submissions are accounted for is this: the public will cast their votes for the TOP 3 FINALISTS via a FaceBook poll, which runs from 8/15-8/21.
The WINNER will be announced on Monday, 8/22.
1. The winning choir MUST be willing and available to rehearse the theme song on their own between 8/22 and 8/27.A copy of the song (sans choir) and a lyric sheet will be provided with details and instructions regarding which sections require your talents). If the winning choir is geographically close enough to The LAB Recording Studio where the recording will take place, arrangements can be made to rehearse in the studio prior to recording on August 28th. In all cases, the choir is responsible for any necessary lodging and all travel arrangements to and from studio for rehearsals and/or recording.
2. The choir should be prepared to record on Sunday, August 28th, 2016 at The LAB Recording Studio, located in Albuquerque, NM.
What do you get if you’re the WINNER?
1. You will be featured in the theme song to a very important film, with full credit given for the performance.
2. You will receive 30 CD copies of the soundtrack to do with as you choose (sell, gift, etc.…)
3. You will receive a flat royalty rate equal to .25/unit for every copy of the soundtrack that is sold (either physically or digitally) up to $250
4. You will receive an interview on a future episode of Zeta Global Radio (heard in over 50 countries, as well as 11,000+ FaceBook likes) and a :30 radio commercial!
5. You will receive a one-time 50% discount off regular rates to have your choir’s album recorded, mixed AND mastered at The LAB Recording Studio.
I can’t wait to hear what you’ve got to share. Thanks for participating and BEST OF LUCK to all of the entrants.
ENTRY FOR CHILDREN'S CHOIR
WINNER TO BE FEATURED IN THEME SONG FOR GLOBAL DOCUMENTARY